Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Pregnancy Explained....

Ok so maybe it isn't the whole pregnancy explained but it for sure finally makes sense to us!!

Today I had my 33 week pregnancy check-up. Last time I went was at 31 weeks and I had border line high blood pressure but they didn't do anything about it! Today when i went in, it was about the same (border line 140 something/80 something).... My doctor didn't even think twice when he walked in and said, "yup, we are putting you on high blood pressure medicine." I just thought... Oh great, here we go again!

He measured my growing belly and listened to little man's heart beat (which was perfect and normal).. Then my doctor sat down and started to explain the difference of my  HBP from my first pregnancy with Livy and then the diagnosis of today!

 HBP= High Blood Pressure

When I was pregnant with Livy around 26 weeks I started to swell really bad (retain water), had really bad headaches, got light headed all the time (even turning a corner too fast..) and I always was tired. I was put on HBP medicine at around 32 weeks and sometime between 34-36 weeks I was put on bed rest. It was so hard. I felt like doing anything made me even more tired and it was really hard to not be able to do anything besides take a shower every day and then lay on my side the full day. Around 36 weeks my doctor started to talk about inducing me (which freaked me out a little because I had so many people tell me it is a harder labor and delivery) I was induced at 39 weeks and was blessed with the most perfect little angel girl ever! We love her so much! If you do not know her... you need to become friends with her! She will win you over with one little "hi."

This pregnancy I have tried the whole pregnancy to avoid HBP! I went to my appointment and I was put on medicine like I said before!

How my doctor explained the difference between the first pregnancy and second is so easy:

1st time:
I had toxicity which means my body was not getting ride of the toxins and I was retaining fluid like no other so it was pretty much toxic for Olivia when I was pregnant with her. So the HBP meds were to keep it at a normal level. And I also had Preclampsia which pretty much your body is not producing enough oxygen so the placenta veins are starting to get smaller and so instead of giving my body a boost to get those veins to open and kill us both, the only choice was to induce!

This time:
I have pregnancy induced hypertension. Which just means I have higher blood pressure due too the increase in blood volume and trying to provide to the placenta too! I am not retaining water and getting light headed. I am actually really healthy and the meds are just to maintain a normal blood pressure unlike the first time when it was to keep me pretty much alive since it kept increasing everyday!

It made sense too us so much better than my 1st OB doctor explained it! This may not make sense to some but the point is I am healthy and strong... baby is doing great! I am on blood pressure medicine just to maintain a healthy blood pressure while little man continues to grow! I am due in about 6 weeks and am so excited to meet him!

Happy Little Girl

She was dancing for us! So dramatic

Our little happy family

Little Sass when mom asks her to smile for the camera
 

1 comment:

  1. Tervor I love that you're doing her hair! Look at you daddy-o! She is sure cute! Love her so much! I'm glad things are going well and everyone's healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete