Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cake

Babies are very fragile beings... yes I know that is a dumb statement! Let me explain my reasoning....

Yesterday Trevor and I went to his parents house once he got of work. They had made me a birthday cake so we were going to eat some. Candles, ice cream, cake... amazing stuff! As they placed the cake in front of me, with Olivia sitting on my lap, they started to sing the birthday song! I began to puff my cheeks with air about to blow out the candles and.... whack... Olivia slapped her hand into the cake. I blew out the candles and then hurriedly grabbed her hand to wash it off! Nope... too late! She had managed to almost completely lick all the frosting and cake off her hand and managed to get it all over her face and the counter. As I was cleaning her up they smoothed over the frosting and cake that was missing and dished us all out a slice of cake. It was funny and the perfect ending to a perfect day! We ate cake and then visited and managed to get a few pictures of Liv while she was still on a sugar high. She made funny faces, blew bubbles and laughed at anything and every thing. Within an hour she started getting very cranky so Trevor, once we were at home, bounced her to sleep and put her down for a late day nap. An hour later she woke up and continued to fuss! We gave her a bottle and put her down not 30 minutes later and she slept until midnight. Apparently the cake and frosting was too much for her small body to handle. Sugar high to crashing... It is a funny thing to watch! It was a great day and I am so grateful for loving family and friends in all they do for me everyday!





She is a goof... We love every minute of that little Munchkin! And for the record she loves her grandparents more than her parents sometimes! We love watching her talk to Grandma Russell or babble to her! Can't wait to see what adventure we are in for next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment